Limited or no service on strike days
Strike action is due to take place across our network on the following days:
- Friday 1st September – ASLEF union – No trains running
- Saturday 2nd September – RMT union – Limited service (Some routes closed)
General travel advice during strike action
Friday 1 September
- You will be unable to travel on this date – there are no trains running and no replacement buses. For alternative transport options please visit traveline.
- There are no Thameslink or Southern services running either. Please visit their websites for more information.
- Online journey planners have been updated.
Saturday 2nd September
- There will be a limited service running on our network. Some routes will be closed and there are no replacement buses. Please check before you travel using our online journey planner.
- If you are travelling expect some disruption, plan ahead and check your entire journey.
- Trains that are running may be busier and are likely to start later and finish earlier.
- You may be unable to board trains at stations where a limited service is running, especially on the first few trains in the morning. Queuing systems are in place at some stations to ensure that trains have enough room onboard for customers to join all along the route. This is continually under review
- Only 58 out of our 180 stations will be open. For alternative transport options please visit traveline.